Monday, August 25, 2008

Dear Biden

Mr. Biden, allow me to introduce myself. I'm the kind of guy you need to convince. While the mainstream media practically falls over itself to congratulate you on being picked as Obama's vice presidential candidate, I'm not convinced you are a good choice for the job.

Let me recap some recent history. You were for the war in Iraq before you were against it. You have a nasty habit of putting your foot in your mouth and then you like to take a good long while to chew on it before spitting it out. For example, I recall a certain comment about a certain clean African American . . . oh yeah . . . . your running mate.

I voted for Obama. I never considered voting for you. With you on the ticket, I must consider the idea of putting you within one heart beat of the Presidency. Will I vote for you? Yes. I will. Am I as enthusiastic about the ticket as I was this time last week? No. Am I going to donate again to the campaign? I don't know.

Convince me.

No comments: