Thursday, September 4, 2008

Boo!

I donated to Barack's campaign again. It was only $25, but it helped get him to $10 million in the 24 hours after Palin's speech. Truthfully, it wasn't what she said that made me do it. I disagree with her, and I have some real problems with the idea of her becoming the VP, but her speech didn't prompt me to donate. I donated because of the crowd at the Republican convention.

When Obama spoke, the crowd cheered for his proposals. They cheered for his ideas. They cheered for his hope. When he criticized McCain the crowd cheered even louder, for Barack. When McCain criticizes his opponent, the Republican crowd boos. Loudly. Yeah. They boo. Is this the fourth grade or what?

I don't like the negative energy and I don't want that kind of energy in the White House for 4 more years. It's just a small thing, but I see the difference in the two campaigns and I think it is a microcosm for the more complex policy/personality differences in the campaigns.

I guess it comes from my years working with disabled teens . . . which is a lot like community building in many ways . . . . . because you have to help people work together, I taught those teens that it was OK to cheer for your team, but not OK to boo for the other team. It's un sportsman like. It's undignified. It's rude.

If they keep booing, I'll keep donating. . . . . to the Democrats.

No comments: